If you are buying or selling any form of Commercial property, you should also be familiar with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). As the international governing body of surveying they are responsible for many industry standards.
But if you want to learn more about who exactly they are and why you should trust them, the team here at CSD have put together the following article…
Who are RICS
As we previously mentioned, RICS is a professional body that accredits surveyors across the globe – especially focusing on those working within the land, property, construction, and infrastructure sectors. These certifications cover a wide range of professionals in several formats:
- MRICS for members
- FRICS for fellows
- AssocRICS for associates
- Professional with the designation MRICS or FRICS are also known as chartered surveyors
What does a RICS surveyor do?
Purchasing commercial property can be a huge risk. As is standard with any big investment, it is essential that you consult the advice and guidance of a local expert.
A chartered Surveyor (that has been accredited by the RICS) can help to ensure that you are making an informed decision on the purchase. Operating on your behalf, they will inspect the premises for any potential defects or issues that may affect the market value of the home. Furthermore, they can also offer specialist advice on the best course of action – based on your individual circumstances and requirements.
To summarise, a RICS surveyors can:
- Provide you with peace of mind during the purchase of commercial property
- Provide you with bespoke, independent advice on specialist property
Why should you trust our registered professionals?
As part of their accreditation process, all members must demonstrate that they:
- Act with integrity:
- Always provide a high standard of service
- Act in a way that promotes trust in the profession
- Treat others with respect
- Take responsibility
If you have enjoyed reading this article about the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and would like to learn more about the work we do, simply check out this list of related articles:
- Your Guide to Commercial Valuation Reports
- What Is a Business Appraisal?
- Reinstatement Costs Assessments
- CSD Case Study: SIPP Valuation – Fairway Industrial Centre
- CSD Case Study: Religious Valuation – Convent of Our Lady of Providence
- CSD Case Study: Portfolio Valuations – Michaels Terrace (Cherry Capital)
- A Career in Commercial Property – An Interview with a Senior Surveyor
If you require a commercial survey for any of the reasons listed above, feel free to contact us by telephone on 0808 169 8881 or email via email@example.com
Alternatively, you can follow us on social media here:Appraisal, appraiser, expert, real estate, RICS, surveying, surveyors, surveys
Categorised in: RICS
This post was written by Marketing Team