Charities Act Valuations

If you are a charity trustee and looking to dispose of property, you will need to do so in accordance with section 119 of the 2011 Charities Act.

This article states that any charity trustee should obtain an independent report from a qualified surveyor before entering negotiations for the sale/lease/or any other disposition.

This report should also inform the marketing of the property, including the best and most realistic sale price.

Charities Act Requirements

The valuation certificate has specific and separate requirements in terms of the RICS “Red Book”. The professional must be independent, and their assessment should include the present market value of the property, as well as advice on any works or repairs that should be conducted before the sale takes place.

Valuation Certificate

Here at CSD, we have specialists who can provide the required certificates. From girl guide groups wanting to gift their share of a hall to the scouts, to the proposed disposal of a convent in poor repair, we have the ability and experience to approach these often unusual properties and help trustees fulfill their statutory obligations to obtain best value in disposing of their assets.

Contact Us

If you require a Commercial Valuation for Charities Act purposes, please contact us by telephone on 0808 169 8881 or via email using

On the other hand, if you would like to learn more about our wide range of services, simply visit the links below:

  • Reinstatements Costs
  • Schedule of Conditions
  • Commercial Valuations (Probate, Charities Act, Capital Gains Tax, SIPPS/SASS, Investment and Appraisals, etc)

Regardless of the service you require, our team would be more than happy to discuss your individual circumstances and provide our expert and impartial advice.

Alternatively, you can find us on Social Media using the following platforms: